Degree New Syllabus
REVISED SYLLABUS UNDER CBCS FRAMEWORK WITH EFFECT FROM 2020-2021:
A.P. STATE COUNCIL OF HIGHER EDUCATION
GUIDELINES FOR THE REVISED CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM CBCS (W.E.F 2020-21)
Choice Based CreditSystem (CBCS) was introduced, under the aegis of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), at the insistence of the University Grants Commission, for the general undergraduate programmes, i.e., BA, BCom, BSc, BCA, BBA, UG Honours etc., by the affiliating universities in all government, aided and private degree colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh in 2015 – 2016
The system of CBCS has been in vogue for the undergraduate programmes in all the advanced countries for several decades and proved to be advantageous to the students of higher education because of its features like courses in place of papers, availability of diverse courses, scope for choice, weightages with credits, space for multiple kinds of teaching, learning and assessing methods which can effectively cater to the diverse needs of students.
As the existing CBCS would be completing five years by 2019-20, the APSCHE decided to revise and strengthen the scheme while addressing the following issues.
a. Overcoming the shortages in the existing system.
b. Consolidating the system in its true spirit by providing multiple choices in domain as well as general courses.
c. Revising the curricular framework wherever needed.
d. Orienting syllabus to the course outcomes as advised by UGC
e. Updating of syllabus to match to the present needs
f. Replacing papers with courses
g. Introducing better skill-oriented courses to align with the emerging and
For carrying out the above task, the APSCHE constituted a Committee for recommending revised curricular framework and updated syllabus of UG Programmes, i.e., B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., BCA, BBA, UG Honouss etc., under CBCS pattern from the year 2020-21.
Based on the recommendations of the Committee, the following Guidelines are formulated. These Guidelines of Curricular Framework with revised Choice Based Credit System comes into effect from the academic year 2020 – 2021, to be strictly adhered for all Undergraduate Programmes offered in Affiliated Colleges and Autonomous Colleges.
1. The Curricular Framework for UG – Arts; UG – Science and UG – Commerce are appended as Annexures – I, II & III respectively.
2. Life Skill Courses: There will be 4 Life Skill Courses in place of earlier 10 foundation courses with the same hours, credits and maximum marks. The objective is to inculcate the required simple life-long skills. While the course in ‘Environmental Education’ continued to be mandatory, in case of others, students can opt one out of three courses, unlike in the existing system, where no choice is being given to students.
3. Skill Development Courses: A new set of 4 Skill Development Courses will be offered with 2 hours of teaching per week, two credits, 50 maximum marks and only external assessment. These courses are intended to train students in broad-based multiple career oriented general skills, in Arts, Commerce and Science streams but open to all students. A wider choice is given to students as they can choose one course from a total of six courses (two from each stream).
4. The preferred departments for teaching LSCs and SDCs are appended.
5. To ensure accountability among the teachers teaching LSCs and SDCs courses, the workload of these is to be reckoned for the calculation of workload of teachers.
6. Core Courses: Three core courses of Domain subjects will be in the first three semesters, and the fourth and fifth courses will be in the fourth semester. Two domain SECs will be in the fifth semester. There will be uniformly five Core Courses in each Domain Subject in BA and BSc, and 15 in BCom.
7. Skill Enhancement Courses: Two Skill Enhancement Courses will be offered for each domain subject, in Semester V. The two Skill Enhancement Courses of each domain subject will be linked for a wider basic and practical experience to students.
Download Degree New Syllabus
1. THREE-YEAR B.A. – ECONOMICS Click Here
2. THREE-YEAR B.A. – HISTORY Click Here
3. THREE-YEAR B.A. – POLITICAL SCIENCE Click Here
4. THREE-YEAR B.Com – (GENERAL AND COMPUTER APPLICATIONS) Click Here
5. THREE-YEAR BOTANY Click Here
6. THREE-YEAR B.Sc. (CHEMISTRY) Click Here
7. THREE-YEAR B.Sc. (COMPUTER SCIENCE/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY) Click Here
8. THREE-YEAR B.A. /B.Sc. MATHEMATICS Click Here
9. THREE-YEAR B.Sc. PHYSICS (FOR MATHEMATICS COMBINATIONS) Click Here
10. THREE-YEAR B.Sc. PHYSICS (FOR NON-MATHEMATICS COMBINATIONS) Click Here
11. THREE-YEAR B.Sc. ZOOLOGY Click Here
12. THREE-YEAR B.A. /B.Sc./B.Com/BCA/BBM/BHM & CT ENGLISH under (Part – I) Click Here
13. B.A., B.Com., & B.Sc., etc., GENERAL TELUGU Click Here
14. CBCS CURRICULAR FRAMEWORK Click Here
15. GUIDELINES Click Here